If you are looking for a plant-based milk that is nut free and highly nutritious than hemp milk might be just the alternative. It’s made from whole hemp seeds, and is rich in high-quality plant protein, healthy fats and minerals. With the Vibe Blender System making hemp milk at home is really quick and easy. The best part is, you don’t have to soak the seeds or strain the pulp. You can be literally enjoying a glass of homemade hemp milk in minutes.
Hemp milk on its own has a strong earthy taste. Play around with the extras listed below and adapt it to your taste preference.
Now that you have discovered hemp milk you might also like to try homemade hemp milk yogurt.
½ cup hulled hemp seeds
3-4 cups water
Pinch of salt
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey
2-3 pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the hemp seeds, 3 cups of water, salt and any additional add-ins to the Vibe Blender jug
2. Blend on ‘nut’ mode for 1 minute
3. Taste test. Add more sweetener, salt, or vanilla as needed.
4. Add the extra cup of water and then blend briefly to combine. If you want your hemp milk to be thicker and creamier, use less water.
5. Hemp seeds almost entirely pulverise in the Vibe so straining the milk isn’t necessary but can be done if you want silky smooth milk. Note: You may see the pulp sink to the bottom either way.
6. Pour the milk into a sealable jug and store in the fridge it for up to 5 days